Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says "printer offline" when I try to send something from…

Customer Question
It says "printer offline"...

It says "printer offline" when I try to send something from the computer to print--how can I fix that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Envy 5540, less than a year old. I printed out diagnostics, which say it is connected, but obviously not. Tried rebooting both router and printer; didn't work.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell PC laptop Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Never has happened before. Had just tried to print out store coupon which had been e-mailed to me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason