John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It says "printer offline" when I try to send something from

Customer Question

It says "printer offline" when I try to send something from the computer to print--how can I fix that?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Envy 5540, less than a year old. I printed out diagnostics, which say it is connected, but obviously not. Tried rebooting both router and printer; didn't work.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell PC laptop Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Never has happened before. Had just tried to print out store coupon which had been e-mailed to me.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason