Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a Dell 3115cn that keeps saying "reset fuser"

Customer Question

HI, I have a Dell 3115cn that keeps saying "reset fuser" 010-390. It's a brand new printer. I tried swapping the fuser unit with another existing Dell 3115cn, and now both are giving the error.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's brand new. Dell 3115cn
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Both ... not a software issue
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It says "calibrating" and warming up on the printer. Sometimes it will print a page or two before giving the reseat fuser error again
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all. I've made sure it's firmly seated and locked the levers.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The fuser unit may not be inserted correctly - it may have come loose during transport.

Try removing the fuser unit and firmly and securely insert it again.

If that doesn't work then the printer should be returned.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already tried reinserting and swapping per my original post. Unfortuntely returning is not quick or easy in my scenario as it was purchased overseas and brought over with other supplies in a container.

In that case you could try arranging a repair through Dell locally in the UK under their global warranty cover:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/bsdt1/Products/?app=warranty