John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an MP240 printer I have installed the drivers twice

Customer Question

I have an MP240 printer I have installed the drivers twice and when I go to print the printer power is switched off. I have to unplug the power to get the printer to start but it will not stay on.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: cannon mp240
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc using windows 10 the latest
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened a month ago and as I had a spare printer I used that but decided to get the cannon back running. nothing specific happened I just don't use the printer much.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tryd printing som text from word and no luck several times
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Aside from the computer, if you try to just turn it on and make a photocopy, does that work?