Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an MP240 printer I have installed the drivers twice…

Customer Question
I have an MP240...

I have an MP240 printer I have installed the drivers twice and when I go to print the printer power is switched off. I have to unplug the power to get the printer to start but it will not stay on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cannon mp240

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc using windows 10 the latest

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened a month ago and as I had a spare printer I used that but decided to get the cannon back running. nothing specific happened I just don't use the printer much.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I tryd printing som text from word and no luck several times

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Aside from the computer, if you try to just turn it on and make a photocopy, does that work?