Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Red paper light is flashing, power light is off. There is no…

Customer Question
Red paper light is...

Red paper light is flashing, green power light is off. There is no paper jam. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of the printer?

Epson Stylus R200

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - latest version of Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was adjusting the print alignment. Passed the sheet through, then lights came on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. I did everything the manual suggested.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The red flashing light indicates that the printer thinks there is still a jam somewhere.

There may be a small torn of paper jammed deep inside the printer.

If you cannot see any fragments of paper then try pushing a piece of thin stiff card manually through the paper feed area to help clear any blockages.

Also check that nothing is jammed in the CD printing tray. Pull out the CD tray and press the Paper button to see if that clears the problem.

Let me know how it works out?