Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put new ink in and it first of all that it was not

Customer Question
I put new ink...

I put new ink in and it first of all that it was not recongnizing the ink. I took it out and tried it again. It says it recongnizes it now but now when I try to print and it does let me print.....come up with an another screen that show a small picture of a printer and the words (Recipient Settings (1/3).

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is only a few months old and it is a Epson XP 830.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yesterday. I put in new ink.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know of anything else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

I'll try that. Its done. I mean we did what you said to do. What's next? Are you still there Kris or am I just jumping the gun?
Connie
I have done what you asked,

Thanks, ***** ***** connect it backup and tell me If it helps?

Thanks

Kris

i waited for nearly 50 minutes and there had been no answer or any indication of one coming. I finally figured it out on my own.
It says the first would be free. Under the circumstances, I am not interested in continuing. I will contact my contact my credit card and let them know .
Connie

Did you connect the printer back up?

I realized that I had not fixed the wi-fi. After waiting 50 minutes with no answer I started exploring some options and got it fixed. At 8:43 you were first on line. It was 10:02 by the time you came back on .....by that time I had given up and figured it out myself.

Ok great