John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I put new ink in and it first of all that it was not

Customer Question

I put new ink in and it first of all that it was not recongnizing the ink. I took it out and tried it again. It says it recongnizes it now but now when I try to print and it does let me print.....come up with an another screen that show a small picture of a printer and the words (Recipient Settings (1/3).
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is only a few months old and it is a Epson XP 830.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday. I put in new ink.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know of anything else.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll try that. Its done. I mean we did what you said to do. What's next? Are you still there Kris or am I just jumping the gun?
Connie
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done what you asked,
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** connect it backup and tell me If it helps?

Thanks

Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i waited for nearly 50 minutes and there had been no answer or any indication of one coming. I finally figured it out on my own.
It says the first would be free. Under the circumstances, I am not interested in continuing. I will contact my contact my credit card and let them know .
Connie
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Did you connect the printer back up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I realized that I had not fixed the wi-fi. After waiting 50 minutes with no answer I started exploring some options and got it fixed. At 8:43 you were first on line. It was 10:02 by the time you came back on .....by that time I had given up and figured it out myself.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Ok great