Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot scan. Earlier while scanning the printer, must have,

Customer Question
Cannot scan. Earlier while...

Cannot scan. Earlier while scanning the printer, must have, lost internet connection so the scan was interrupted. I canceled the scan, cleared the paper, and attempted to re-scan. Would not scan and gave message, a scanning job is in process. Rebooted printer and tried again. Actually download printer software with same problem

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP ENVY 7640, about two years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC - Windows 10 (I think)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

No problem prior to situation I described above (happened today for the first time)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just tell him I have rebooted the printer and installed printer software with no success

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is printing currently working fine?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,