Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

RMy printer won't print it just pulls the paper through.i,

Customer Question
RMy printer won't print...

RMy printer won't print it just pulls the paper through.i

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a HP Photosmart C4480 all-in-one. We have had it for awhile.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am using a laptop and I don't know our operating system. I took the laptop on vacation and took the cord running from the computer to the printer and the printer plug in to use with a different printer where I went. It was working fine before I did that

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today is the first time we tired to print since the vacation. I don't see how I could have installed the wire and plug incorrectly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

done

OK - can you hook it back up and tell me If it is any better

Thanks

Kris

IT still just pulls the paper through

OK how long has this been happening?

just tonight !

How is it connected USB or Wirless?

Does it happy when you COPY and NOT PRINT?

it does not print when i want it to print.

Does it work when you COPY and NOT PRINT?

it does not copy either

How is it connected USB or Wireless?

Can I connect? The cost is on top of your current charges.

wireless

Offer proposed: Secure Remote Assistance (Please accept this to allow me to connect.)

sorry i think i answered wrong. i think the answer is usb-the connection from the computer to printer.

Okay thanks.

I'm guessing you do not want to do the remote?

no

Okay, can you do the reset process I noted above with the inks out please?

Thanks

Kris

will try it

Let me know please

i put the ink back in and tried to print-no luck

As you've already done the reset it's a hardware issue, it would be cheaper for you If you replaced the printer and did not get it serviced.

I just wanted to be sure, the service manual and online says this happens a lot.
I can get prices for various different parts but you're looking at around $80-$150 as these units are no longer "in-life" for the parts only.

Does this make sense?
Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credit with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

thanks

Can you tell me my rating please

Could the USB cord be defective?

No as the data does a check against the data it is given