Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Im trying to hook up my printer to a mac for the scan

Customer Question
Im trying to hook...

Im trying to hook up my printer to a mac for the scan function. Not sure what Im doing incorrectly

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 4 years ok its a workforce 3640

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Its an Imac - just purchased 2 mos ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Its been from the beginning. Was able to successfully hook up the printer to the mac but for the scan, no go. I must warn you Im not tech savvy. My housemate set up the printer but even she was stumped with why the scan function wasnt working. Can u walk me thru this q

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats basically it but is there a fee for this q

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/9/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason