John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Im trying to hook up my printer to a mac for the scan

Customer Question

Im trying to hook up my printer to a mac for the scan function. Not sure what Im doing incorrectly
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its about 4 years ok its a workforce 3640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: its an Imac - just purchased 2 mos ago
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its been from the beginning. Was able to successfully hook up the printer to the mac but for the scan, no go. I must warn you Im not tech savvy. My housemate set up the printer but even she was stumped with why the scan function wasnt working. Can u walk me thru this q
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats basically it but is there a fee for this q
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason