Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just put in a new black ink cartridge in my Epson

Customer Question
I just put in...

I just put in a new black ink cartridge in my Epson Workforce 635 and this is the 3rd one I tried and it is still printing lines of dark and lines that are unreadable.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Epson cartridges and it is an Epson Workforce 635

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been going on for months now. I've been taking things to work to print. It just said low on ink, so I got a new cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The color inks were out also and I put new cartridges in those and they work fine.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/8/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

It is a problem with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink onto the paper.

As of the first step, we will try cleaning the printhead. I will give you a manual which will help you clean the printhead.

Please click this link to access the manual: http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf630_/wf630_00ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Epson&file=quality.15.4.html#1009047

Tell me how it goes!