Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to get help for a paper jam on Canon MX922 printer.

Customer Question
Trying to get help...

Trying to get help for a paper jam on Canon MX922 printer. Paper out about 4 inches and has some instruction that I do not understand. How do I get to the paper to remove it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

PIXMA MX922, Canon connected to Apple mac pro

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was printing something on line, cannot be sure what happened as I was not watching the printer. Could it have accidentally been pulled back into the printer? About 4 inches are evident

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/8/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris