Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is in recovery mode, X2N5003177, PC, windows 10 I…

Customer Question
My printer is in...

My printer is in recovery mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

X2N5003177

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Windows 10 I think

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer was disconnect during the update so thats why there is a problem now

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I thoughed I would have had an answer right away ???
9/8/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. IPlease let me know the make and model no. of the printer?

X2N5003177

Make of the printer?

WorkForce WF-2760DWF
can you fix this

Thanks, ***** ***** see any Pop up window on your computer screen?

I interrupted the update by accidentely cut off the power. No pop-up on PC
computer doesn't recognize the usb device

Do you have tried anything to solve this problem?

dont find anything to solve it
turned him on and off again ... change usb port etc ...

OK, follow the steps below and let me know how it goes for you.

• A USB cable is required.Connect the printer to the PC using the USB cable.
  • Make sure no other USB devices are connected to the computer during the update process.
  • Do not unplug, power-off or attempt to use the printer during the update process.
  • This update may take up to 15 minutes to complete.
  • Download the firmware from this LINK and run the software.
during that update it was interrupted ... now he doesnt find any printer

OK, try these steps and run the firmware once more and let me know, if the printer is detected or not?

not detected :(

Did you downloaded and tried the file from that link?

Did you restarted the PC?

on step 5 he doesn't find any printer anymore
I didn't restart the pc
I did restart but same problem
I am sorry but I Dont think you can fix this ... Will I get my money back ?
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 9 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

basically you trashed the firmware on the printer.

your only hope of fixing it is if you can hook it up with a usb cable and re run the firmware update.

BUT

it may not work as updating the firmware requires that the firmware be working well enough to at least start the firmware update.

to be honest my best advice would be to spend half an hour trying to do the update again through a usb cable.

if it wont work, toss the printer in the garbage ( or call epson and see if its under warranty or if you can bully them enough about their own firmware update screwing up the printer to get it replaced)

and buy a new one if epson wont help you.

they go for 60 to 80 bucks. Its not worth repairing it or even spending a lot of time trying to fix it.

You can call epson at

1 (800) 444‑1527
M‑F 6am‑ 8pm PT
S 7am‑ 4pm PT

i hope that is helpful. I try to avoid doing firmware updates unless the device is having issues that the update will fix. Because if it fails you get a large expensive paperweight more often than not.

Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?