John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a new printer and I t know how or where to go to

Customer Question

I have a new printer and I don t know how or where to go to write a letter
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PIXMA MG2500
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc and windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I've only just assembled the printer yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i kreally just want to write letters to friends, thanks alan
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You can write letters with various programs on your computer.

One is called WordPad, and is probably the best to start with, being both capable and suited for writing letters, and easy to understand. The margins can be set with simple sliding controls, like those on a typewriter; one places the cursor into a new document by clicking with the mouse; One types with the keyboard and the RETURN key. The mouse may place the cursor anywhere that you make a mistake, and the BKSPC or the DEL key will either backspace to erase the character before the cursor, or the DEL key will remove the character (or space) just after the cursor.

After typing in the letter, you go to the menu at the top, to either

File

then

Print

to print the letter, or else you go to

File

then Save As

to save the document permanently as a file.

Now, you may also want to use MS Word, which is more elaborately capable, but it might perhaps not be on your computer, so I have mentioned WordPad instead, a program that is included with Windows.

Clicking on the Start button, then typing in

wordpad

will bring up a listing or icon that clicking upon will suffice, for opening the WordPad program.

Let me know if you need to know more. And if this answer is sufficient for the needs of your question, please tell me if you are ready to rate my work.