John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an MX920 that send messages that there's a paper jam

Customer Question

I have an MX920 that send messages that there's a paper jam in the upper cassette or tray. I can find no paper but the Hamburg white tape SH E35863 appears to be broken and folded. I am not using the upper tray. Can I bypass that if I can't fix the Hamburg tape?
JA: What's the make and model of the printer?
Customer: It's aCanon MX920. If Ineed more info where would I find it
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened. I wanted to print some documents for a meeting tomorrow. At first it said it was out of paper then reported that there was a paper jam.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything at the moment except nobody in my area works on printers
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris