Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Each time I attempt to use the printer, I must delete it and

Customer Question

Each time I attempt to use the printer, I must delete it and add it back through my system's preferences before it will print. What is the problem?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Xp830. 90 days old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac 10.12.6 10.12.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It is been doing this since shortly after I purchased the printer.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

How is the printer connected to your mac? Via a wireless network, or via a usb cable connection?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wireless
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i was able to delete and re-add the printer. it is working ok.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Ok.. If its an issue of you having to delete it and readd it every-time.

Either the printer is going into sleep or power save mode and the mac cant wake it up, or the printer firmware needs to be updated.

Try this, increase the sleep timer to a few hours or more. https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42851/source/product_info/tasks/xp830/changing_sleep_timer_panel_xp830.html

If my assumption is correct, after the above fix then all you should have to do is turn the printer off and on at the printer itself and then the mac should be able to connect to it and print without you having to re add it.

Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues at all, thank you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S