Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Mt printer is connected to my computer by cable but doesn't…

Customer Question
Mt printer is connected...

Mt printer is connected to my computer by cable but doesn't recognize the computer in scan more. I can print from the

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I can order the printer to print and it does so

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been an issue for weeks, but I didn't deal with it then I didn't need to scan

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can(t think of anything, but I'm not tech savvy :(

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/8/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

What is your printer model number?

You might need to install your scanner driver again

EPSON_XP_820

And your Mac version?

First, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From there, you can click 'About thisMac'. You'll now see a window in the middle of your screen with information about the Mac you're using.

Did you get your Mac version?

Here's the link for the drivers

Make sure you select the correct version of your Mac in the Operating System field and then download and install the scanner driver

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-820/s/SPT_C11CD99201?review-filter=macOS+10.12.x#drivers