John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

This is the 3rd Epson printer I have had and I have had the

Customer Question

This is the 3rd Epson printer I have had and I have had the issue with every one. This one is a WF 3640. I recently replaced the black ink cartrige (which I have done many times before) and I can't print anything in black ink. The other three colors work fine. I just pulled it out and pushed it back in to make sure it was in good, but still doesn't work.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Workforce WF-3640. I always use Epson 252XL cartridges
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's a Dell laptop PC. I'm not--so can't answer a lot about it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened. I was getting low on black ink and needed to replace it.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not very into the technical part of computers or printers so I really don't know.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?