John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a pixma battery printer and the the yellow light is

Customer Question

I have a pixma battery printer and the the yellow light is on and when i push it, it does not move the printer head.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: I think it is about 5 years old, but it is not over worked. it has not happened before. Is it just old age?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: running windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I use it to travel with. It has not been used for about 8 hours. when I started it up, it did its normal clean thing and the light came on fairly quickly.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has not been dropped or anything like that. If it is just old age, thats fine too.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Let me know once you have done this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it didn't do anything other than turn off.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Can you hold in the power button as it says above?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done that and answered you 3 times? is there a problem with you not getting my answers? the printer just turned off.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Once it turned off, did you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds?