Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It said to replace the black drum and toner. Did that and it…

Customer Question
It said to replace...

It said to replace the black drum and toner. Did that and it still keeps saying replace black toner

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

MFC-9130CW about 5-6 years

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC I dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The drum about 1 1/2 weeks It was fine printing yesterday morning then went to print in the afternoon and it just stopped

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just what to do. thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 1 year ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let us know if you are receiving an error message while printing?

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says open top and replace toner cartridge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now what

Thanks for reverting. Can you please check if you followed the attached steps to replace the drum?

I want you to remove, clean and reinstall the same drum unit again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We did all yesterday and it's brand new just out of the box

Can you please reboot the printer.

To Reboot :

Unplug the power adapter.

Press and HOLD Power button on Printer for 60 secs

Plug the power adapter

Replace HOLD

Turn the device on and check

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same error message

I want you to remove, clean and reinstall the same drum unit again. Did you try that?

Please wait while I analyze the issue.

Can you please reset the drum counter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do you do that

Open the front cover.

Press Clear or Clear/Back on the control panel. It should be to the right of the LCD.

Press 1 or Up arrow to reset drum counter

When system shows Accepted, close front cover

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't see what you are asking me to do
I'm going to leave it alone for now

Open the top cover, the one you used to replace the drum.

When system shows Accepted, close top cover

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cannot do that right now going into a meeting thank you

Okay.. Do have a look and get back to me for any assistance.

Thanks,

Kumar