Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have the WF-3540 wireless printer. My supplier of

Customer Question
We have the WF-3540...

We have the WF-3540 wireless printer. My supplier of internet just changed our "boxes" and we had to change WIFI FIOS name and password. I tried to do the same (that is, change the WIFI name and password ***** the printer screen, yet the printer is not working; it said "setup failed." Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 3 yrs old. Make: EPSON, model WF-3540; serial # QX2Y051502.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple laptop. Where can I find the name of the operating system?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The printer and laptop were working A-1 but this morning the internet Verizon boxes were changed and we had the change all WIFI names and passwords . As I said before, I changed the WIFI name and password ***** the printer as well but the "setup failed."

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
9/7/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

To make sure, is the printer connected to the new network without any issues but you're unable to print from Mac ?

Do you see the Setup failed on the printer itself or on the Mac ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I could not print because the first step is to do the setup with the new WIFI name and password ***** the system did not allow me to do, It said: "setup failed" (on the printer screen) after I inserted the new WIFI name and password.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, you are already charging me for this service. I need results. Thx.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please advice. Thx.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please opt out. Need a new tech. Thank you.