Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting an error code 0x97, I have reinstalled

Customer Question
I keep getting an...

I keep getting an error code 0x97

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

I have reinstalled drivers, restarted the printer several times, updated firmware. It is Epson WF 7620

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Yes, Every time I have checked something and thought I may have fixed it. I send something to the que it prints a blank sheet and gives me the same error code.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Mac - 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure. I saw my hubby iritated last night not being able to print. I thought it was his error. But today I have tried and no go. We did have a major power outage on Monday but my machines are on backup batteries. So when it hit I shut everything down before they went down.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/7/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

It looks like it will print. The computer talks to the printer, paper goes through, then bells ring and it states there is an error code 0x97
Is the cost $39 total or $39 plus the $18 originally quoted?

It is an additional charge but optional and not necessary in this case.

How is the printer?

I need to end this process. I don't have a lot of money and I expect more help than to unplug my printer for $18
You have a choice. You can either just charge me the $5 and I will give you a high rating or I can give you a low rating. I am sure you are knowledgable but on this (a potential hardware problem) I expect more for my dollars.

Please understand that I have no control over pricing as a technician.

Do you wish to continue?

Not for additional money. Do you have additional ideas?

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thank you

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit