crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I keep getting an error code 0x97, I have reinstalled

Customer Question

I keep getting an error code 0x97
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I have reinstalled drivers, restarted the printer several times, updated firmware. It is Epson WF 7620
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Yes, Every time I have checked something and thought I may have fixed it. I send something to the que it prints a blank sheet and gives me the same error code.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Mac - 10.11.6
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure. I saw my hubby iritated last night not being able to print. I thought it was his error. But today I have tried and no go. We did have a major power outage on Monday but my machines are on backup batteries. So when it hit I shut everything down before they went down.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It looks like it will print. The computer talks to the printer, paper goes through, then bells ring and it states there is an error code 0x97
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is the cost $39 total or $39 plus the $18 originally quoted?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

It is an additional charge but optional and not necessary in this case.

How is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to end this process. I don't have a lot of money and I expect more help than to unplug my printer for $18
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You have a choice. You can either just charge me the $5 and I will give you a high rating or I can give you a low rating. I am sure you are knowledgable but on this (a potential hardware problem) I expect more for my dollars.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Please understand that I have no control over pricing as a technician.

Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not for additional money. Do you have additional ideas?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit