Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Turn on error message scanner error code 0xF1, epson

Customer Question
turn on error message scanner...
turn on error message scanner error code 0xF1
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: epson WF-3520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc win 10 I believe it installed the creator update
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: would see error unable to comuniate with scanner but i was not trying to scan
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am unable to clear the error code and power and wifi switches on printer are blinking green
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
9/7/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error"

Specifically, it is the result of a bad printheadhead/pcb (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is at/past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Beyond that if the problem persists, it would confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead assembly, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer