John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Second opinion] I've torn both ends of the jammed paper in

Customer Question

Second opinion] I've torn both ends of the jammed paper in the priter and it is still firmly held in place. Could you please tell me how I can release it.JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?Customer: Thank you, JohnJA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?Customer: Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II, about 6 years old.JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: I'm using a home built PC under Windows 7JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?Customer: It just happened yesterday using 100g/sq m A3 paper.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Turn the printer Off.

Wait 2 minutes.

Turn it On again. Wait a bit. The paper should be pushed out, or at least pushed onward in the paper path a bit, by the printer's own initialization.

Let me know whether that works or not, and whether (or not) you need further help, please.