Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Trying to set it up but the printer can't find the computer

Customer Question

Trying to set it up but the printer can't find the computer or vice versa. It is a wireless printer which I didn't have before. It said something about a wireless router but mine is plugged in. It didn't come with the wire that you could plug into the computer. Model is HP Envy 4520. I am elderly and have no one to help me. I only know a limited amount of using the computer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP ENVY 4520. Brand new just setting it up.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and what is AOS?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Sir, I am installing the new printer now.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I don't have a wireless router will my wireless printer be able to be found on my computer and I be sent a cable that I could plug the printer into the computer?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

In order to work with the printer on wireless, you have to setup wireless on the first. Please follow the instructions below and setup wireless on the printer.

1. Turn on the printer if it is not already on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon (like a wireless symbol) .

The Wireless screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon (like a gear wheel) .

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and it will show the wireless names in a list.

5. Select your wireless name from the list.

6. Then, you have to enter the wireless password.

7. After entering the password, touch the OK button to complete the setup.

After completing the wireless setup, you have to install the printer on the computer. During the installation, select Wireless as network type and continue the installation.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>