John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Samsung M2880FW (actually two of them) and I'm

Customer Question

I have a Samsung M2880FW (actually two of them) and I'm getting an error message that my toner cartridge isn't installed. can you help?
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it has on refillable cartridges, but this one is a brand new samsung one. its a couple of years old at least. its been a workhorse and I love it
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm just using it as a copy machine....pc hookup
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it happened last spring. I use it for my small business. I turned it off, unplugged, waited and then got it working. now it won't let me do anything. just replugged it back in and still getting the error message
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please