John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just purchased a cannon all in one printer/copy/scanner. i

Customer Question

i just purchased a cannon all in one printer/copy/scanner. i can not find how to scan . i have a dell compute windows 7. what am i doing wrong? been spending hours trying every option.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: dell celeron about 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc desktop.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i just bought this as a used pc. tried to set up and had problems with that also installing the printer i ran into problems.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: go for it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Canon printer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Can you please check the label(s) on your Canon all-in-one printer for the model of it, such as MX922, or MG6120, etc.?

Do you see the Canon Utilities / IJ Scan Utility program on your computer? If yes, can you scan with that program?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,