Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wish to darken the printed item - i.e adjust colour output,

Customer Question
Wish to darken the...

Wish to darken the printed item - i.e adjust colour output

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson WFV 7620 - abt 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac and don't know - where do i find this ??

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened - i have taken a screen shot saved it to a word .doc and printed it out (the screen shot was of a google map that needs to be worked on but would not photocopy the detail well because it is too light in colour

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
9/7/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you try, when displaying Google Maps in your browser before taking a screenshot of it: going to

View

Zoom

Zoom In

and see whether that, by magnifying the screen, helps with the eventual readability and density of printout.

If that isn't working, let me know and I will suggest another approach.

Russell - no it didn't work as magnifying the screen takes me beyond the area i wish to view - it also appears the readability and density has not altered
Russell - all i'm trying to is to darken the print out so that i may work on the document by adding additional information - is there not just a simple procedure in the printer that i can just simply adjust "brightness/darkness" for printing ???
Do i have to go anywhere else for your response or do i keep this window open ???

You may return to this conversation at any time by going to this page, devoted to your case:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/anusi-wish-darken-printed-item-i-e-adjust-colour-output.html

You would increase the Quality of the printing output, to High Quality, in the printer software installed on your computer.

(For further guidance and instructions, let me know what your Mac shows for 'apple menu' - About This Mac.)

Is this what your after ??
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010)
Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics AT Radeon HD 5670 512 MB
Serial Number W8050043DB7

Thank you, that's Sierra or 10.12.

When you choose Print, from the File menu of the program you are printing from, can you select the

"Quality & Media"

entry in the options just below "Printer:" and "Presets:" ?

If so, then look for Print Quality, and drag the slider control to the right toward or to the FINE setting. Try printing that way.

If you cannot find such a setting... let me know, please.

Russell - i can not find such a setting.

I'm sorry - yes, Sierra has changed from previous versions of MAC OS X where printer settings are concerned, and I've gone through this hunt for the Higher Quality setting. And I didn't succeed. I think I should give up now... and pass this to an Expert who really knows printing settings for Sierra.

Of course, this might be a case of the printer being defective, too... but if it does not have this too-low-quality problem with other printing jobs, that isn't the case. Summing up for the next Expert to take this case, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category. (I can still see and respond to further postings, if you still need me for anything.)

Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Sierra seems to have introduced a defect in the printer settings pages that can sometimes be resolved by deleting the printer in your Mac printers configuration and then adding the printer back. To do this please follow the procedure below:

Select the Apple menu then System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

Click Add (the + icon) from the printer list, click IP, then enter the printers IP address in the field provided, select the Airprint protocol, enter a name that will help you recognize the printer as the IP address configured printer, then click OK to save the settings.

Then print a document that previously printed with the blue hue using the IP configured printer you just setup and the additional color adjustments should now be accessible in the print dialogue so that you can disable color management and let the application control the color printing.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

My name is David.

Thanks,
David.

Do you still need further assistance?

Not sure - need time to absorb instructions above - being technically challenged i have no confidence i would be doing the right thing - don't want to lose printer altogether.

Ok then just let me know if you need additional guidance to complete the instructions.

We also offer remote assistance if you would feel more comfortable if I did it.

Just let me know.