Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A few month's ago I changed internet provider. Ever since…

Customer Question
A few month's ago...

A few month's ago I changed internet provider. Ever since then my Brother 9340CDW doesn't work like it use to. Now every time I need to print I have to go to the network settings, find me modem, input my password ***** order for it to connect and print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother 9340 CDW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ever since I changed my internet provider and changed modem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want the printer to connect wireless to iPhone it used to do that too.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/7/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 11 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, setup wireless on the printer by following the instructions below.

1. Press Menu on the printer control panel.

2. Choose Network or LAN => WLAN => Setup Wizard.

3. If the message, Network I/F switched to Wireless appears, press OK to accept. The wired network interface will become inactive with this setting.

4. The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs wireless name. Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose your network, then press OK.

5. Enter your wireless password ***** and press OK. Make sure you enter the wireless password ***** because it is case sensitive.

If successful, Connected will appear briefly on the LCD.

After setting up wireless, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>