John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer shows error message 0xF1. It doesn't print. epson

Customer Question

my printer shows error message 0xF1. It doesn't print.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: epson xp600. Maybe 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac (Sierra) and Iphone 6s.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Problems started last night. I have printed one document without a problem. Later I tried to print two other documents. The first thing that happened was that the printer said there was a paper jam. However, I was unable to find any jam. This happened a couple of times. Then, when I tried to print, the printer just ground on, but did no printing. I tried to turn it off, and it didn't turn off. I then unplugged. Tonight I tried again. Printer said I needed to replace yellow cartridge. I did that successfully. But when I then tried to print, got the error message telling me to turn off the printer and report the error message to you.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

how is the printer connected to the Mac..usb cable or wifi