Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer canon 7120 had a error code 6000. no never, pc

Customer Question
hi: my printer canon 7120...
hi: my printer canon 7120 had a error code 6000 .
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no never
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc window 10 pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just happen now
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
9/6/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault (line feed error). That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

I did twice as your instruction. Problem the same .Support code 6000
Request a phone call

There is no call request showing on my end, but I'll try sending an offer for that that you can accept.

They offer 2 free call

This is a paid support service, both the chat and the call are separate fees, this is not free help.

I thought this is a free trial

We're all independent techs here, I have no access to any billing or account matters. I believe the chat part may be free if you continue on with a monthly membership, if you do not then you'd pay the agreed upon fees that you signed up for initially. The call is not included, that is a separate service.

Ok then forget about!

The call is at your option.

If you are still getting the error, that would confirm that this is a hardware failure internally, which is something that would require repairs to correct. This is a 2013 model printer which was designed for a service life of no more than 3 years, so it is well past that at this point and this type of failure is completely expected to see even just from normal age related wear and tear.

It would not be worth repairing, as you'd be in the $150 range to have it repaired, while you could buy a brand new and better model with a fresh warranty for under $100.

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/2iDSGsO or http://amzn.to/2hQLirU

Note that these, like all consumer grade inkjet printers, are designed to be low cost and are essentially disposable after a few years, subsidized by the high cost of ink cartridges. If you wish to have a better quality and longer lasting printer, that comes with years worth of ink up front, consider the Epson ecotank models instead: http://amzn.to/1PpOj0C

Alternately, for a more business/commercial grade product that will be rated for a 5 year life, consider a laser printer. Lasers cost more up front also, but a toner cartridge can last for thousands of pages. A black only all in one laser is around $125: http://amzn.to/2fdn5PG

while a color model is about twice that: http://amzn.to/1n4I7Q5

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Thank you for the information! Nothing wrong your response, just the ads is not as is!

You're very welcome. I"m sorry if any part of the site was confusing, but all of the info should have been displayed when signing up in the terms there.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Honestly, I can't give you the top rate, because your responding are not better than any Google free answer!

I believe the info I provided would be different than what you'd find on google, including a direct diagnosis of the error code and detailed step by step instructions on how to attempt to resolve it. Google also won't give you practical advise such as the better quality replacement recommendations as opposed to sending you to a costly repair shop.

I don't need your opinions anymore! Bye!

You're welcome, and have a nice day.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

It's $5 for trial , I think I paid that not a problem !
But I don't think I bought the $ 33 service that I never ask in the beginning.
You can not force me to give you 5 star rate for the outcomes . You just. Fair!

I'm not trying to force you to do anything, just explaining how the site works. I can't see what you see on your end, the pricing should have been displayed when signing up, but if you don't believe it was, you may contact customer service from the account/help page and ask if they would adjust it for you.

Nathan, Engineer