Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My 4650 printer will print but the page is blank, it is a

Customer Question
my 4650 printer will print...
my 4650 printer will print but the page is blank
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a 4650 hp printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it wAS WORKING AND AN HOUR LATER IT STARTED THIS PROBLEM
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I called hp and got redirected to someone in India and he said my computer had been hacked
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do not have much time. how long will this take?
9/6/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Realistically, it’s probably time for a new printer. As this is a 2015 model printer, it is well into its maximum 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising (these lower end models often only last a year or so actually). While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend replacement options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

where do I reenter my card info

I'm not sure what you are referring to, you shouldn't need to enter anything.

I've sent you a written answer above.

this is not working for me

Again I'm not sure what you are referring to, you don't need to do anything with your card, you've paid the chat support fee already, and I have sent you a written text answer here explaining the problem and how you may attempt to address it.

Here it is again:

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Engineer