Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I own an Epson V500 Shoto Scanner. Recently with Epson Help

Customer Question

I own an Epson V500 Shoto Scanner. Recently with Epson Help my software was updated. Nothing looks the same. I used to scan and place the results as a PDF on my desktop for later filing. I don't know the rev of the software, but am looking for an updated manual to sort things out. Can you help.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My old manual says Epson Perfection V500 Photo. The ingo on the plate on the rear says Model J251A.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC OS 7?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ever since your tech updated the software. Not sure how to determine the siftware nomenclature.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The latest version of the user guide is available from the Epson website:

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/prv5ph/prv5phug/index.htm