Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How can I copy double sided documents using the ADF on my…

Customer Question
How can I copy...

How can I copy double sided documents using the ADF on my EPSON ET-4550. I have PC with Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

ET 4550 new

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

See above

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Unknown

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanlls

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/6/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you select the Copy option, can you press the OK button to select Settings, then go down and select the 2-Sided option, then select option 1>2-Sided and OK, then copy and check?

Do you need help with printing double sided also?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

that copies 2 separate sheets onto one, double-sided print page. Not double sided page copy to double sided print.
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi - this is Russell H. I think that what you should choose in the settings is

2-->2-sided

or two-sided-to-two-sided. Does that work correctly?

That option not available?

If 2-sided to 2-sided is NOT available, in the printer's own options and settings on the printer itself, then that would mean, that the printer is not capable of what you are trying to get it to do: full duplex copying, as it is called.

I am going to check the printer's specifications specifically now, since I merely deduce that probable fact at second hand... just a few minutes and I will post what I find....

I regret that I may confirm: the only way to copy to 2-sided photocopy output with this printer model, is to copy from one-sided originals. The printer has no other option for '2-sided' except 'Off'.

Do you want to copy 2-sided original documents, from the ADF, and is one-sided resultant photocopy output OK? that may perhaps be within this printer's capabilities.

If not, I regret that the answer wasn't any better. If not, do you need further advice, choice of printers, suggestions as to copy shops in your region that might be able to do the 2-sided copying job for you in a jiffy, etc.?