Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It will not print. says the printer is off line, Brother…

Customer Question
It will not print...

It will not print. says the printer is off line

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brother MFC490CW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was trying to print a pdf

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is a recurring problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
9/6/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 11 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Are you able to print anything else, such as a web page, or a picture, etc.?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page. Did you see my reply above?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

wireless/ no usb cable. cannot print anything
no

Can you put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy option / button on the printer, then does it make a copy fine?

Does your PC computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

No longer interested. I got it to work

Great. I was waiting for you a few hours earlier, so that I could help you quickly, but I'm glad you got it working now. Do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.

Please refund my deposits
This is being cancelled per your request. If you need help with any computer issue in the future, please come back anytime; we guarantee our service. Thank you.