John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a pima mx922 and overtime I try to print from a card

Customer Question

I have a pima mx922 and overtime I try to print from a card printing software, it tries to use the upper tray. I can't even put an 8.5x11 sheet in the upper tray. How can I tell the printer to use the lower tray?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: It's about a year old and yes it happened before with another card software.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just trying to print from American greetings. It works fine until it informs me there is no paper in the upper tray, but there is no option to use the lower tray.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a new firmware for this printer?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.