Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson Artisan 835, Error message "A printer error has

Customer Question
Epson Artisan 835 Technician's...

Epson Artisan 835

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Error message "A printer error has occurred. Turn power off then on again. Have done that several times and nothing happens except same eroor message

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened. I was printing and the paper began to jam and I pulled it out. Paper is intact, no tears.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know, printer has been good with no problems

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/6/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

No idea Artisan 835

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

OK
done

Did this help?

Did you want me to plug it back in and turn it on?

Yes please!

NO

No what?

Same error message
It did not work

OK - how is it connected?

by cable

As you've already done the reset it sounds like a hardware issue, it would be cheaper for you If you replaced the printer and did not get it serviced.
I can get prices for various different parts but you're looking at around $300 as these units are no longer "in-life"
Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credit with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hardware issue?!? I pulled the paper out of the printer! How does that mess it up? I've got over 300.00 worth of ink cartridges for it.

If the JAM is large, it knocks the sensor off and the printer thinks it's jammed all the time..

You can replace it if you wish but it's sometimes not worth it

It was a single piece of paper. How is that "Large". How much is a sensor? The GD printer only cost 100 +- or so.
I wouldn't mind paying
100.00 to get it fixed

It's a consumer model so they will need to test it to tell what one it is, it's all a con to be honest.

$95 for the service and $125 + Taxes for the parts (USD)

What's the serial number of it?

MCRY024632

Ok I'm not 100% sure here, let me opt out of this one for another expert to assist you..

You will be emailed when they pick this up :)

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize for the long wait.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Yes I do.

How old is the printer?

I don't know, 2-4 years

As stated above it is an Artisan 835 and the serial number is *****

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.