Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put in a new ink cartridge 564XL black. It shows on the…

Customer Question
I put in a...

I put in a new ink cartridge 564XL black. It shows on the screen that the ink cartridge is full. I received many blank pages after much testing. After an hour of rebooting the computer and the printer, replacing again and again the new cartridge and making sure I did the diagnostic testing, I am still getting blank pages. The Print Quality Diagnostic test shows the black square is white.

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

I am using HP 564xl black . I have the HP Deskjet e-All-in-One. My husband use to do all of this and he has recently passed away. can you tell me where to find the 'exact make and model" of my printer?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am using a PC. I don't know what Operating System means.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today is happened. It was working just fine, yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just would appreciate some help to get the printer working. It is 3 years old and still looks new. The cartridge has ink in it so I don't understand why. I also did a scan and still a white blank page. thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
9/6/2017
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 10 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

on the computer, in the search box type control panel and open it from search results

open devices and printers

right click on printer icon and click on printer properties

click on print test page

let me know if test page too comes out blank or has text printed on it

Hi can you tell me where to find the test print page?
Hi, I uninstalled the HP Photosmart 7520 printer from device manager to allow it to pick up again on reboot. Now the software that was associated with cleaning, aligning and print quality tabs has disappeared. Also it does not indicate the ink levels of the different colors that appeared on the same page. The print quality is not up to par. It not printed the entire letter and in streaking white lines here and there.. The last print quality diagnostic is showing white lines running horizontally on the black and yellow tests.

The driver must not be installed correctly. Did you install the full featured driver software