Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development
13852270

My printer wont print, My PC doesn't have the type of

My printer wont print, My PC doesn't have the type of printer on the list of printers . I don't know how to add it. My printer isDirect 93 HP Officejet 5740 it was there a couple of days ago.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: less than a year old HP Officejet 5740e all in one
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC . I don't know what you mean by OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I used the printer 2 days ago had no problem. used it today and it wont print
JA: Anything else you want the printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have windows 10

My name is David.

If the printer is no longer in the list of printers then most likely the printer is not connected to the wireless network anymore or the printer and computer are out of sync communicating over the wireless network. This condition can be due to memory errors in your wireless router.

To resolve the issue power down the router and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Power down the printer and unplug the power cord. Wait 3 minutes. Plug the power cord back into the printer and power up the printer. Reboot your computer after the router and printer have finished booting up. Test printing to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.