Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a KX-FP121 fax machine copier. I can send fax but…

I have a KX-FP121...

I have a KX-FP121 fax machine copier. I can send fax but can't recieve them

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panisonic KX-FP121. not sure of the age just started here

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For awhile. not sure what to set. had trouble with the phone line but that is corrected

8/23/2017
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

What happens when an incoming fax is coming in? Does the line ring?

not real sure but i think so

Is there any way you can find out?

even if you're not sending a fax... if you can test it by calling it with another phone, that would be fine.

it does
it goes to answering machine and then to the fax sound

Ok. That's good. That means it should be answering incoming faxes.

Do you use it as an answering machine as well?

If not, we can turn that part off.

no i don't

Ok... if you can give me a moment, I will check how to turn that part off.

Can you please press menu, then #46

Then start/set/copy - make sure that is set to ON

ok i did

Was it already set to on?

Ok.. please check the display - does it say TAD/FAX?

says time of day

Is the auto answer light lit on the upper right?

I believe you will find that it is, since it did answer. Now please press menu, then #06 then start/set/copy, and set the ring count to a low number - this will make it answer right away. I would suggest setting it to 1. Then start/set/copy again.

The next step would be to test it with an incoming fax

ok

I'll wait to hear back from you on that.

try to send something 1-***-***-****

I don't have a fax machine available. But you can test by faxing a one page black and white document to 1-***-***-****

It should fax back to you within a few minutes.

ok well i got that.now it keeps beeping

So it's working, but the beeping.. what does the display say.

check paper. fax in memory. now it is printing stuff

That display will tell you what you need to know when it's beeping like that. It sounds like you fixed the paper and it's working as expected.

It will print everything it had been holding in memory

ok it printed the same cover sheet again. so maybe it is working.

It printed the one that you received back from faxing?

two times

Ok. Then it's working correctly. Thank you for your patience. Please remember to click the 5 star rating and submit before leaving. Thank you!

If you run into the problem again for any reason, you can come back here to me.

Do you know how to do the rating?

Still there?

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician