Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a canon Pixma 6120 printer which is supposed to be…

I have a canon...

I have a canon Pixma 6120 printer which is supposed to be connected wirelessly to my surface pro. It has worked for about two years. Now, when I want to print, the surface pro pops up a message that the printer is off line. The printer wifi indicator is blue which means it is on. What do I do to get it to print?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, it has not done it before. But, someone from Canon had to remotely do the wifi set up for me because I could not make it connect when I got the surface pro. I estimate the printer is about 6 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am on a Surface Pro tablet operating with a Windows program. I am not sure which version of Windows I have.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was gone from June 23 thru August 16th. On the 19th, I tried to and was able to print my banking history. I had to send itto the printer 3 times before it finally printed.....and when it did, it printed 3 copies. On Monday this week I tried to print some on-line tickets I purchased for an event on Sept 16th and it ill not print. I tried again yesterday and it still says the printer is off line.

8/23/2017
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Often times, the printers can have issues, if they are left on too long. When is the last time you powered it down and back up? First, unplug the power to your wireless modem or router and plug it back in. After that is complete, turn the printer off, unplug the power from the Printer, plug the power back into the Printer, and turn the printer on. Once it is back up, wait another minute and then attempt to send a print job to the printer. Did that get it back up to speed?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Jason Jones, Technician
No, it did not.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 80 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

I was disconnected. Please, follow the instructions below to reconnect me.

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 53 and click the circle button to start the remote application.

Jason,Are you still with me? Working on my wifi connection to my canon printer?Call me if you got lost somwhere.
(###) ###-####
I was disconnected. Please, follow the instructions below to reconnect me. Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 53 and click the circle button to start the remote application.(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)
Jason,Please call me. My computer is frozen. What did you do to it? Please restore it to me before I do something you do not want to happen. You have until 2pm central daylight time to call me...that is 25 minutes.....please call(###) ###-####

I installed the software for the printer. That is all that I did. Please, turn the computer off and on.

I do not make calls out.

Installing the software should not have caused any problems.

I worked with you for a few hours with the sole reason of helping you. Now, it sounds like you are threatening me. I am sorry to hear that.

I will opt out of this task and allow another person to help.

When they pick this up, you will be notified by email.

Jason Jones, Technician