Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Brother Printer DCP-9010 CN is not working. It shows

My Brother Printer DCP-9010...

My Brother Printer DCP-9010 CN is not working. It shows always "Drum Error" and "Replace Belt". No Printing possible.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is DCP-9010 CN, Ser.No. JOJ443986

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am printing from Computer. What do you mean by OS?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since one week. I have changed all four cartridges and it is not yet working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

No. My tel.No. o412 365 182 , my office is in 181 Bay Str., Brighton 3186, Suite 9

8/21/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately there is an internal diagnostic function in the printer that can detect when a part fails. In this case, you would have to replace both the drum and the belt units at a minimum.

You can certainly fix the printer, but it is probably not going to be worth the investment.

These printers are built for a 5 year service life, which it has already reached, so even if you fix the current issue, other parts will continue to wear and fail and need further repairs. For example the imaging unit (laser) will be expected to fail at any time now, and that is a $300+ part alone and the fuser is another $200+.

Considering that the cost of the necessary parts will be $300+, and is still not a guaranteed fix, you would be better off to replace the entire printer at this point as you can get a brand new model with all new parts and a fresh warranty for about the same price: http://amzn.to/2vNMh6t

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Thank you for your advise.
I will purchase than a new Brother Printer.Regards,
Jens Mohr