crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

B504 error code. Removed cartridges and replaced them. they

b504 error code. Removed cartridges and replaced them. they all have ink coming from them
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: B504...Canon Maxify MB 2320. It is about 5 months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Wife sends over wifi...PC...Windows 11 maybe. I don't use her PC. It was working fine and then we replaced the cartridges. Prinited a couple times but is hung up now
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: She says it did appear that the magenta label was getting caught and we fixed that issue.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Has same issue black and white or color.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please remove all of the ink cartridges then insert them back firmly into the carriage and close the lid.

Now, with the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yesm same error
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried it twice. Error code still exists

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
purchased this spring, so 4 or 5 months. Wife used up the original ink that was in it

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that the printer is still under warranty so it can be repaired/replaced by Canon. To start the warranty process, please call 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure I have any proof of purchase, can they use a serial number?

Yes, they can; proof of purchase is not required.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.