Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

It is my sisters printer and she prints from her phone and I

it is my sisters printer and she prints from her phone and I print from computer. when trying to print something the error code 0x97 pops up printer is a wf-3620 epson
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i bough it about a 1 1/2 yrs ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: it is pc don't know what operating system
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: she stopped printing on about a1 month
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was working fine actually she prints from her phone and when we try to print the light flashes error code and throws out a blank piece of paper

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty (if registered when new, they usually extend it to 2), and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure if you received my answer printer is the same after plugging back in I will check into warrenty see what I end up doing. Thx you!

Thank you for trying, no I didn't get that answer back, but I appreciate the update. Hopefully you still have the warranty in place.