Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a Brother copier in our school. The series # is

We have a Brother...

We have a Brother copier in our school. The series # is U62511C3J392800. We need a new fuser, drum, and belt, but I do not know the number for the right parts for our machine. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

It is a Brother printer and it is about 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

The machine is not connected to a computer. The Sisters use it as a copier.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

There was a notice in the little window on the front of the machine that these three items are in need of replacement.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

No, I need the numbers for those three parts for our machine.

8/19/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you please give me the full model number of the printer, rather than the serial number?

MFC-9560CDW

That you for the information, and my apologies for missing you. By the time you had replied back, I was offline at the moment.

You can certainly fix the printer, but it is probably not going to be worth the investment.

These printers are built for a 5 year service life, which it has already reached, so even if you fix the current issue, other parts will continue to wear and fail and need further repairs. For example the imaging unit (laser) will be expected to fail at any time now, and that is a $300+ part alone.

Here are the parts you'd need:
Brother DR310CL Drum Unit: http://amzn.to/2ieKIKb
Brother BU300CL Belt Unit: http://amzn.to/2wchktM

Brother LY0748001 Fixing unit (Fuser): http://amzn.to/2wcMml9

Considering that the cost of the necessary parts will be $400+, and is still not a guaranteed fix, you would be better off to replace the entire printer at this point as you can get a brand new model with all new parts and a fresh warranty for less: http://amzn.to/2vNMh6t

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Engineer