Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to print on my MFC-J8885DW but can't because I…

I am trying to...

I am trying to print on my MFC-J8885DW but can't because I get a message saying the printer is not connected. I was able to print successfully last week not now. I checked all the cables and they seem secure. The dialogue screen says FAX COPY SCAN but nothing that resembles PRINT

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is brand new...I bought it last month at Staples in Watsonville, CA

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC OS SIERA, 10.12.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is hard to tell. I just had hip replacement surgery 10 days ago and have only printed once last week. Since I haven't tried to print since then, I don't know if this issue appeared last week or today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Just help me figure out what's wrong and how to fix it

8/16/2017
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason Jones, Technician
WIFI
No more to add

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 27 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Hello again,

I see that you are not connected, yet.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Thank you,
***** *****

I can't open the app because I get a message saying the app couldn't be opened because the identity of the developer could not be confirmedThis is taking so long. As I said earlier I am recovering from last week's hip replacement surgery and my energy level now is used up. Can we do this tomorrow?