crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I have a Cannon mX922 printer that will not turn on. I tried

I have a Cannon mX922 printer that will not turn on. I tried unplugging it and holding the on button for 30 seconds and plugged it into another outlet but still won't turn on.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Never done it before and I think about 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Wireless
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We had a storm and I think I lost my BOSE external speaker system. But I have a whole house surge protector and it is still showing green lighrts. There were no close lightening strikes only thunder.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think 3 years
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The printer won't power up and it is wireless connection to my pc.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I kinda thought that was the case. Any idea how i can get my ink cartridges out of the printer?

Yes.

Unplug the printer and manually move the carriage across with your hands. You may need to use a little force.

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit