Printers

I have a HP Officejet 6600. It is about five years old. Has…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Officejet 6600. It is about five years old. Has worked fine the entire time. Now my laptops can't find it. It is listed as Offline. I've tried tying into the network on the printer and that works. My laptop is tied in to the same network and yet I can't figure out how to "discover" the 6600. Tried... Read full answer

I have a HP Officejet 6600. It is about five years old. Has worked fine the entire time. Now my laptops can't find it. It is listed as Offline. I've tried tying into the network on the printer and that works. My laptop is tied in to the same network and yet I can't figure out how to "discover" the 6600. Tried off/on with both devices. Frustrated.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

HP Officejet 6600. Probably five years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It's a PC. Will check on OS.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want Andy (Computer Consultant with a Master's Degree in Computer Engineering and 11,000 5-star reviews) to know before I connect you?

Windows 10

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
8/15/2017
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.
Please explain the problem a bit more in detail.

how is the printer connected to the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not home right now but can tell you that it is a wireless connection. Both the laptop and printer are on the same network at home but the laptop can't find the printer and the printer is listed as "Offline." Can't figure out how to get it online. Went to Network Setup on the printer and made sure it was on the right network, which it is now.

Let me know what time is good for you to be online so that i can continue to assist you on this issue further.
Please mention your time zone as well, thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am in Virginia Beach in Eastern U.S. I won't be home and online until 9:00 tonite.

I am online now let me know if its a good time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am home now if I can still get your help.can you tell me how to get my printer back online?

All you have to tell me how is the printer connected to the computer its on usb or wifi i will give you detailed steps to follow

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My printer hp officejet 4215xi after 9 most offline started
my printer hp officejet 4215xi after 9 most offline started up fine printed a test sheet perfectly and since then has been signalling that the feeder is out of paper despite my rearranging numerable t… read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Information Technology Management / Computer Science
I have lost the ability to scan items either wirelessly or
I have lost the ability to scan items either wirelessly or connected. … read more
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Bachelor of Engineering
I've lost my connection from my 6600 printer to my dell
I've lost my connection from my 6600 printer to my dell inispiron 15 laptop. can't figure it out. the router is working. the printer says that it is connect to the router. the laptop is connected to t… read more
Computer Technican,
Stop searching for answers—
I moved to Florida and cannot get my iPad or pgc laptop to
I moved to Florida and cannot get my iPad or pgc laptop to wirelessly connect with my HP printer. The printer says it is set up for wireless and this all worked before the move. … read more
John Lohr
John Lohr
Owner / Technology Specialist,
Teaching Certification
I had to reinstall Widows 10 and a now trying to install the
I had to reinstall Widows 10 and a now trying to install the HP Officejet 6600 software (no disk). It asks for an IP address and tells me where to find it. However, the directions do not exist on my p… read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
My printer is offline. Earlier I reinstalled everything and
My printer is offline. Earlier I reinstalled everything and it worked and now when I want to print it is offline. How do I fix that? It is HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 all in one … read more
AAS Information Technology
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I can't figure out how to get it to connect to the internet
I can't figure out how to get it to connect to the internet any more. I can't print from my iPad till I do. … read more
I deleated it when it was offline and now can't add it. It
I deleated it when it was offline and now can't add it. It is a HP 4599 Officejet wireless printer. Used it for years and for some reason it went offline. … read more
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Engineer,
Diploma in applied electronics
I have an HP Officejet 6600 and it will not receive a fax. I
I have an HP Officejet 6600 and it will not receive a fax. I have done all the troubleshooting the manuals say and no results. I can send faxes just fine, … read more
It Support Specialist,
New printer today can't get it to connect to network router.
New printer today can't get it to connect to network router. … read more
Computer Technican,
My printer wont print. Says its not online. HP Officejet
my printer wont print. Says its not online. JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is? Customer: HP Officejet 6600. Its about 3 years old. JA: What kin… read more
Computer Technican,
I've had to reinstal the HP Officejet 8000 again and again
Good morning, I've had to reinstal the HP Officejet 8000 again and again it says it's offline while it is online From several other devices in the house I can print on it … read more
Computer Technican,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a HP all-in-one printer (Officejet 6600). It won't
I have a HP all-in-one printer (Officejet 6600). It won't "pick up" the paper to print. I keep getting a message to load paper. … read more
Printer and Office Tech,
My HP Officejet 6600 is rejecting the insertion of a 933 XL
My HP Officejet 6600 is rejecting the insertion of a 933 XL Magenta ink cartridge saying I've not put in a replacement for the depleted one. I tried putting in the old one only to have the machine tel… read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
Officejet Pro 8610 All in One. Drops off line in MS windows
Officejet Pro 8610 All in One. Drops off line in MS windows 10. Fixed this about 3 months ago. tried to update Port by unchecking SNMP but says no prot configurttion Restart printer and computer and i… read more
Byron
Byron
IT Support Specialist,
I have an HP Officejet 6600. Yesterday, in would not print.
I have an HP Officejet 6600. Yesterday, in would not print. The message read: Printer failure. There is a problem with the printer or ink system. … read more
GeekGal
GeekGal
IT Director,
Bachelors Degree
I have a HP Officejet 6600 printer (only 2 weeks old) and now
I have a HP Officejet 6600 printer (only 2 weeks old) and now it is showing "offline" and won't print. I made the mistake of subscribing to " I Yogie tech and I suspect they have done something becaus… read more
IT Consultant / Systems Engineer,
I am attempting to install a HP Officejet 6600 Printer. I
I am attempting to install a HP Officejet 6600 Printer. I am unable to interconnect with the wireless router on my HP Pavillon. The wireless router is loacated approximately 3 feet from the router. Th… read more
Alen
Alen
Technician,
CompTIA & Microsoft MCP certified.