John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just moved and cannot get my printer to work with my iPad.

Customer Question

I just moved and cannot get my printer to work with my iPad. Can you help me
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Don't know nor do I know how to do this
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I am old and not computer savy
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning! Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It is very likely that we need to update the wireless settings on your printer. If you haven't changed them, the printer is still looking for the old wifi network from before you moved. We probably just need the update the settings and make sure that your printer and ipad are on the same wireless network and all will be well. Can you tell me please what brand and model of printer you have?