Ryan-CTech
Ryan-CTech, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Technical-minded, multi-skilled Compuer Reapir Tech with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of Computers.
18042535

Computer is plugged in with cord to recharge but message

Customer Question

computer is plugged in with cord to recharge but message pops up saying 7% available plugged in but not charging. what can i do before i no longer have power
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: brand is hp. where do i find model information
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: are you still there?
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I have not updated anything. the computer is only about two months old
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there something wrong with the cord?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 2 months ago.
Hi there, sorry to hear your computer won't charge. It sounds like one of two possibilities based on the description that you provided. 1. Is a faulty charging cord. 2. Is a defective charging port on your computer. There's also the possibility you have a defective battery. In some cases a defective battery won't allow the computer to charge. Investigate those issues and please let me know what you find. I'm always here to help if you need further assistance. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and please don't forget to rate when you are satisfied that your question has been answered. Thank you and have a great night!