John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I bought an Epson WF 2660. By the time I got round to using

Customer Question

I bought an Epson WF 2660. By the time I got round to using it, it keeps rejecting the Black ink. I just bought and installed Epson ink today.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it last year. The model no is: C531B
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC,64 I also had problems setting it up last year.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was exchanging the cartridges that came with it to full cartridges. Just prior to that I bought an ink cartridge that was not compatible (bought without my glasses on), it rejected the black and today it won't accept the compatible black I bought that was a full set of inks.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah I have not been able to get this printer to work at all. I had problems from the start with operating system, went to the Epson US site and downloaded the 64 bit version operating system for PC. I still have not been able to get the scanner to work as well. Is it a dud? I had to shift last March and so I didn't have the time to investigate further, until now.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When you first set it up, did you use the original starter ink cartridges that came with it?
When you are saying you bought "compatible" ink, do you mean a genuine epson cartridge, or a generic/refilled cartridge that is just advertised as being compatible?