Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Storm blew router, new router installed century link, called…

Customer Question
Storm blew router Technician's...

Storm blew router

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

New router installed century link

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Called century link they sent me to you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

Printer doesn't see router

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the make/model of the printer?

epson wf7510

Thank you,

this is not something that can be fixed remotely, if the printer is offline to begin with so I will need to decline that request,

What you'll need to do is connect the printer to the new router,

go into the Settings menu on the front panel of the epson,

then to Network

you'll see the wireless/wifi options from there, and be presented with an option to scan for networks.
It should see the new century link network and show you that name in a list (you may see some others as well) which you will select

then you'll type in the new wifi password ***** century link gave you. The printer will connect to that new routers network, and should begin working on your computers again at that point.

Let me know if that works for you.

didn't work...because never gets to scanning for networks; just locks up; requires reset by turning off and back on

You may be missing a step,

try instead touching the wifi icon in the top right corner of the screen,

then wifi setup

then wifi setup wizard and it should start scanning automatically

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.